Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette

21 January 2016

Urban Decay have recently launched a new collection by Gwen Stefani, which includes this palette of 15 shades hand picked by Gwen her self. If you are into make up, especially eye make up, I guarantee that you have came across the collection of Naked palettes before. Well UD have stretched out further and created a limited edition palette. As I love the Naked palettes so much, I had to try this one! 

First of all, the design of the packaging is gorgeous! Definitely the nicest designed palette I have seen and it has been given a prime spot in my palette draw. 


The palette includes neutral matte shades which are perfect for simple every day looks or can be built up for a bolder look and they are also great transition shades. The palette also includes a mix of shimmer eyeshadows, of which the pigmentation is incredible! To add to the range of shades there are two vibrant colours, a pink and a blue. My favourite colours in the palette are:
Punk - A deep burgundy colour which is great for blending in the outer corner. It is very similar to the MAC shade Embark.
Pop - A peachy shimmery shade which is great for the lid and inner corner as it is so pigmented.
Bathwater - I love using this one to highlight my cheek bones and brow bone. 
Anaheim - I think I use this colour nearly every time I use the palette! It is a great transition shade.


This is my favourite look I have done with the palette so far. For this look I used all Urban Decay eye products! I think this would be perfect for a night out or a party. I was gutted that when I practiced this it was a Monday night and I had no where to go!


Shadows used:
Anaheim - transition shade in crease as it blends so well and is easy to build.
Serious - All over lid, this shade is grey with a tiny bit of a silver shimmer. This really stands out next to the matte shades and the thick eyeliner. Glitter is always good for party make up, right?
Punk - Outer corner of crease, winged quite far out and close to the brow bone. Also along the lower lash line. I love this colour so so much. Possibly my favourite out of them all. 
Blackout - A tiny bit in the outer corner, blended into Punk and Serious.
Bathwater - Inner corner of the eye and half way along the lower lash line, blended into Punk. 
Blonde - I used this shade to highlight my brow bone, under my eyebrow. It made the eyeshadow and my brows look a lot more defined.


Other Urban Decay Products used:
24/7 Liquid liner - I used this to create a long flick. I then used a cotton bud to remove any eyeshadow which was bellow the flick. I then took some concealer and blended it underneath the flick to make it look a lot sharper. This eyeliner is my favourite liquid liner next to Benefits They're Real liner. It is so easy to apply and the applicator brush is so thin and pointed. I like that this product is easy to wipe off if you make a mistake. Unlike Benefit's liner which you basically need to start again if you make a mistake as it is so hard to get off.
24/7 black eye pencil - I used this in my top and bottom water lines, I hate doing this as it makes me cringe so much but it went really well with this look.
Perversion mascara - I have always had this mascara in my collection and have been repurchasing it for so long. It makes my lashes long and feathery and does not clump!


Face/lip products -
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
ABH Dip Brow Pomade in medium brown
ABH Cream Contour Kit in light to medium
Charlotte Tilbury Glastonbury lipstick

Thank you for reading,
Georgia May x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS