FakeBake

28 January 2016

I have one huge addiction and it is fake tan. I have probably tried every fake tan on the shelves of Superdrug and Boots. I absolutely hate being pale so much that I fake tan at least once a week, every week. My favourite self tanning brand is FakeBake. I have been using this brand for almost a year now and I can confirm that I am well and truly obsessed.

FakeBake Flawless is a liquid self tan and it comes with a tanning mitt to apply it. My favourtie thing about this product is that it dries super fast, but still leaves your skin with a healthy glow and streak free, if applied correctly.



You can either spray the liquid straight onto your skin and then rub it in with the mitt or spray it onto the mitt and then apply. When tanning my legs, tummy, and back I often just spray the liquid directly onto my skin, which is not recommended but I find that this works better for me. But with smaller areas like my neck and arms I spray it onto the mitt first as it is less messy. When rubbing the tan into your skin always use circular motions to avoid streaks. I would recommend standing on a towel, away from any light coloured walls or carpets when tanning. As it can be quite difficult to apply. I learnt this the hard way and my white carpet was not very white anymore. The liquid comes out the bottle as a very very dark brown colour, but don't let this put you off. Once rubbed evenly into your skin it is a lovely glowing bronze.

FakeBake flawless dries within 10 minutes at most, which is amazing! This is because there is no lotion in the product, which adds to the drying time. However, because there is no lotion in the tan it is essential to fully moisturize and let it sink into your skin prior to applying FakeBake. After 10 minutes you can put your clothes on with no worries that it will leave any stains or start to streak.

Surprisingly, FakeBake has quite a light smell and does not have the beef smell that fake tans usually have. The smell on FakeBake lasts until you have showered and then you cannot smell anything! I usually shower, then moisturize, then apply the tan. I then shower again the next day or night, so the tan has plenty of time to sink in.


The colour of this self tan is so natural looking and glowing. It looks like you have been living in spain for a month! So despite the name, it does not look fake at all. The colour develops as soon as you apply it and lasts around a week. I find that applying it once or twice a week keeps the colour enough for your skin to look tanned all the time!

FakeBake have such a huge range of tanning products, so it could be hard to decide which one is best for you and your skin. I have tried FakeBake Original, FakeBake Flawless and Flawless Darker. I prefer Flawless and Flawless Darker as they are liquid tans and I find these last a lot longer and dry a lot quicker, which suits me. But if you prefer a lotion, go with Original. I have recommended FakeBake to all of my friends. If you are looking to try a new self tan then I would definitely give it a go!

So have a browse of their website and see which one would suit you best. They also have some good special offers on at the moment so grab a bargain while you can!

Thanks for reading,
Georgia May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS